SAPAG.CO.INin this website you can find SAP Related Tutorials, like SAP ABAP ,SAP Meterial Management (MM),SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM),MySAP,SAP Finance And Controling (FICO),SAP Sales And Distribution (SD),SAP Business Warehousing (BW),SAP Netweaver,SAP Exhcange Infrastructure (XI ),SAP Enterprise Portal (EP) ,SAP Master Data Management (MDM),SAP Web Application Server (WAS),SAP Mobile Infrastructure (MI ),SAP Business Intelegent (BI ) ,SAP Knowledge Management (KM ) and Maney more..... Tutorials @ single point.
.1) Please describe your experience with BEx (Business Explorer)
A) Rate your level of experience with BEx and the rationale for youre self-rating
B) How many queries have you developed? :
C) How many reports have you written?
D) How many workbooks have you developed?
E) Experience with jump targets (OLTP, use jump target)
F) Describe experience with BW-compatible ETL tools (e.g. Ascential)
2) Describe your experience with 3rd party report tools (Crystal Decisions, Business Objects a plus)
3) Describe your experience with the design and implementation of standard & custom InfoCubes.
1. How many InfoCubes have you implemented from start to end by yourself (not with a team)?
2. Of these Cubes, how many characteristics (including attributes) did the largest one have.
3. How much customization was done on the InfoCubes have you implemented?
4) Describe your experience with requirements definition/gathering.
5) What experience have you had creating Functional and Technical specifications?
6) Describe any testing experience you have:
7) Describe your experience with BW extractors
1. How many standard BW extractors have you implemented?
2. How many custom BW extractors have you implemented?
8) Describe how you have used Excel as a compliment to BEx
A) Describe your level of expertise and the rationale for your self-rating (experience with macros, pivot tables and formatting)
9) Describe experience with ABAP
10) Describe any hands on experience with ASAP Methodology.
11) Identify SAP functional areas (SEM, CRM, etc.) you have experience in. Describe that experience.
12) What is partitioning and what are the benefits of partitioning in an InfoCube?
A) Partitioning is the method of dividing a table (either column wise or row wise) based on the fields available which would enable a quick reference for the intended values of the fields in the table. By partitioning an infocube, the reporting performance is enhanced because it is easier to search in smaller tables. Also table maintenance becomes easier.
13) What does Rollup do?
A) Rollup creates aggregates in an infocube whenever new data is loaded.
14) What are the inputs for an infoset?
A) The inputs for an infoset are ODS objects and InfoObjects (with master data or text).
15) What internally happens when BW objects like Info Object, Info Cube or ODS are created and activated?
A) When an InfoObject, InfoCube or ODS object is created, BW maintains a saved version of that object but does not make it available for use. Once the object is activated, BW creates an active version that is available for use.
16) What is the maximum number of key fields that you can have in an ODS object?
17) What is the specific advantage of LO extraction over LIS extraction?
A) The load performance of LO extraction is better than that of LIS. In LIS two tables are used for delta management that is cumbersome. In LO only one delta queue is used for delta management.
18) What is the importance of 0REQUID?
A) It is the InfoObject for Request id. OREQUID enables BW to distinguish between different data records.
19) Can you add programs in the scheduler?
A) Yes. Through event handling.
20) What is the importance of the table ROIDOCPRMS?
A) It is an IDOC parameter source system. This table contains the details of the data transfer like the source system of the data, data packet size, maximum number of lines in a data packet, etc. The data packet size can be changed through the control parameters option on SBIW i.e., the contents of this table can be changed.
21) What is the importance of 'start routine' in update rules?
A) A Start routine is a user exit that can be executed before the update rule starts to allow more complex computations for a key figure or a characteristic. The start routine has no return value. Its purpose is to execute preliminary calculations and to store them in a global data structure. You can access this structure or table in the other routines.
22) When is IDOC data transfer used?
A) IDOCs are used for communication between logical systems like SAP R/3, R/2 and non-SAP systems using ALE and for communication between an SAP R/3 system and a non-SAP system. In BW, an IDOC is a data container for data exchange between SAP systems or between SAP systems and external systems based on an EDI interface. IDOCs support limited file size of 1000 bytes. So IDOCs are not used when loading data into PSA since data there is more detailed. It is used when the file size is lesser than 1000 bytes.
23) What is partitioning characteristic in CO-PA used for?
A) For easier parallel search and load of data.
24) What is the advantage of BW reporting on CO-PA data compared with directly running the queries on CO-PA?
A) BW has a better performance advantage over reporting in R/3. For a huge amount of data, the R/3 reporting tool is at a serious disadvantage because R/3 is modeled as an OLTP system and is good for transaction processing rather than analytical processing.
25) What is the function of BW statistics cube?
A) BW statistics cube contains the data related to the reporting performance and the data loads of all the InfoCubes in the BW system.
26) When an ODS is in 'overwrite' mode, does uploading the same data again and again create new entries in the change log each time data is uploaded?
27) What is the function of 'selective deletion' tab in the manage->contents of an infocube?
A) It allows us to select a particular value of a particular field and delete its contents.
28) When we collapse an infocube, is the consolidated data stored in the same infocubeinfocube? or is it stored in the new
A) Data is stored in the same cube.
29) What is the effect of aggregation on the performance? Are there any negative effects on the performance?
A) Aggregation improves the performance in reporting.
30) What happens when you load transaction data without loading master data?
A) The transaction data gets loaded and the master data fields remain blank.
31) When given a choice between a single infocube and multiple InfoCubes with a multiprovider, what factors does one need to consider before making a decision?
A) One would have to see if the InfoCubes are used individually. If these cubes are often used individually, then it is better to go for a multiprovider with many cubes since the reporting would be faster for an individual cube query rather than for a big cube with lot of data.
32) How many hierarchy levels can be created for a characteristic info object?
A) Maximum of 98 levels.
33) What is open hub service?
A) The open hub service enables you to distribute data from an SAP BW system into external data marts, analytical applications, and other applications. With this, you can ensure controlled distribution using several systems. The central object for the export of data is the Infospoke. Using this, you can define the object from which the data comes and into which target it is transferred. Through the open hub service, SAP BW becomes a hub of an enterprise data warehouse. The distribution of data becomes clear through central monitoring from the distribution status in the BW system.
34) What is the function of 'reconstruction' tab in an infocube?
A) It reconstructs the deleted requests from the infocube. If a request has been deleted and later someone wants the data records of that request to be added to the infocube, one can use the reconstruction tab to add those records. It goes to the PSA and brings the data to the infocube.
35) What are secondary indexes with respect to InfoCubes?
A) Index created in addition to the primary index of the infocube. When you activate a table in the ABAP Dictionary, an index is created on the primary key fields of the table. Further indexes created for the table are called secondary indexes.
36) What is DB connect and where is it used?
A) DB connect is database connecting piece of program. It is used in connecting third party tools with BW for reporting purpose.
37) Can we extract hierarchies from R/3 for CO-PA?
A) No We cannot, NO hierarchies in CO/PA�?.
38) Explain field name for partitioning in CO-PA
A) The CO/PA partitioning is used to decrease package size (eg: company code)
39) What is V3 update method ?
A) It is a program in R/3 source system that schedules batch jobs to update extract structure to data source collectively.
40) Differences between serialized and non-serialized V3 updates
41) What is the common method of finding the tables used in any R/3 extraction
A) By using the transaction LISTSCHEMA we can navigate the tables.
42) Differences between table view and infoset query
A) An InfoSet Query is a query using flat tables.
43) How to load data from one InfoCube to another InfoCube ?
A) Thro DataMarts data can be loaded from one InfoCube to another InfoCube.
44) What is the significance of setup tables in LO extractions ?
A) It adds the Selection Criteria to the LO extraction.
45) Difference between extract structure and datasource
A) In Datasource we define the data from diff source sys,where as in extract struct it contains the replicated data of datasource n where in we can define extract rules, n transfer rules
B) Extract Structure is a record layout of InfoObjects.
C) Extract Structure is created on SAP BW system.
46) What happens internally when Delta is Initialized
47) What is referential integrity mechanism ?
A) Referential integrity is the property that guarantees that values from one column depend on values from another column.This property is enforced through integrity constraints.
48) What is activation of extract structure in LO ?
49) What is the difference between Info IDoc and data IDoc ?
50) What is D-Management in LO ?
A) It is a method used in delta update methods, which is based on change log in LO.